Experienced Software Development Engineer
[ Amsterdam, Netherlands ]
Results-oriented, resourceful and problem-solving Software Engineer, with a get-it-done, on-time spirit and exceptional experience in designing, implementing and delivering technically sophisticated applications in multiple business domains. Proven leader, drive system architecture decisions and lead projects from customer ideas to final value-added end products.
Skill Set Summary
JavaSE, JavaEE, Spring (Security, MVC, Boot) Hibernate, Python, OWASP, Solr, Oracle, EJB, JPA, WebLogic, REST, SOAP, Linux, RHEL, Maven, MySql, JSON, jQuery, Agile, Scrum, Mockito, Jenkins, Design Patterns, Tomcat, Data Structure, JSF, GWT, Servlets, Struts, Angularjs.
Fraud & Cyber Security, Trade & Communication surveillance, Mortgages, Banking, Telecommunication, e-commerce, Wholesale Banking.
Java, Python, SQL, Spring, cucumber, Bash shell, OWASP, Scrum, Data Engineering, Tomcat, RHEL, git, maven, Cassandra
Sr. Development Engineer, ING Bank
Amsterdam, Netherlands — 2017- present
Application Development Engineer and Scrum Master providing a continuously secure and customer friendly banking environment.
Fraud & Cyber Security
- Working on full solutions for customer authentication and authorization at a global level.
- As a security satellite, provide secure code review and light assessments for the squad and the tribe.
- APIs architectural decisions and design.
Trade & Comms Surveillance
- Responsible for multiple effective development solutions for security issues within existing applications and new developments for data integration and flow solutions.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, data consolidating and processing, ETLs and gap analysis..
- Major successful role in the launch of a new application within ING private cloud for Communication surveillance.
- Introduce solutions for multiple features and critical enhancements.
- Effective scrum master. Was responsible for applying several changes and policies for a complete enhancement of our agile team BizDevOps pilot.
Java, Hibernate, angularJS, PostgreSQL, Spring, Spring MVC, Mockito, Maven, Agile, Scrum, JBoss, Oracle, SOAP, Scrum
Sr.Software Engineer, Intertec International [Wells Fargo Assignment]
Heredia, Costa Rica — 2016 - 2017
Provide application design, guidance, and consultation. Develop Highly complex original code, maintain and utilize existing systems.Working with technical leads, technical analysts, business analysts, and DBAs to evaluate business needs and help provide end-to-end technical solutions.
- Designed and participated in the agile development of a Continuous Performance System in a challenging time frame that helped the company to closely appreciate high performers.
- Developing and maintaining high complex code base application with a 100% unit test coverage for Wells Fargo (US).
- Successful launch for multiple versions of Wells Fargo Mortgage granting application (Core).
- Mentor and lead junior developers and participate in systems design and architecture in several projects
Java, JaveEE, Hibernate, SQL, Spring, Spring MVC, Spring Security, Eclipse, Oracle, Weblogic, HDIV, REST, SOAP, Jquery, Struts
Senior Application Consultant, Vodafone Egypt
Cairo, Egypt — 2014 - 2016
Led the software production from meeting with product owners, business analysts and project managers, provide and discuss technical feasibility and estimates. Drive architectural decisions, tracked the compliance of Design patterns, unit testing, security measures and UML Diagrams across the team. Designed and developed new original code, solutions, and development frameworks.
- Designed and developed dozens of software solutions, collaborating with most of Telecommunication industry backend systems and representing cutting edge user experience. In addition to leading the full development life cycle in agile for some solutions.
- Mentored development team in best practices and software design, ensuring the release of premium quality solutions that always exceed expectations.
- Delivered groundbreaking developments such as custom implementation Single sign on for all Vodafone online services, open for easy plug-n-play integration with any new service.
- Also Designed and developed a developer's utility for KPI using custom-built annotations by reflection and Spring AOP.
- Drove the development of Vodafone Egypt official mobile application backend restful services supporting all kind of features including header authorized seamless login.
- Introduced coverage of OWASP top ten vulnerabilities to all the online services legacy code and make sure any new solutions from the team are in compliance with the new security measures.
Java, JaveEE, Hibernate, SQL, Eclipse, Jenkins, Maven, Oracle, MySql, Struts, Solr, GWT, EJB
Software Developer, Senior Software Developer, SiliconExpert Technologies [Arrow Technologies company]
Cairo, Egypt — 2012-2014
Designed, developed and tweaked challenging solutions to cover a high demanding e-commerce solution serving millions of complex records with strict performance measures and advanced search techniques.
- Developed and implemented end to end solution for Arrow Parametric search with cutting-edge user experience capabilities and powerful backend with a maximum end to end journey of 500ms.
- Designed and developed large-scale, thread safe and ultra-high performance application with extensive use of threading for reading and parsing raw data and indexing it to SOLR inverted index in considerably challenging time.
- Coded and delivered several applications in extremely tight plans and short notice as demos, software batches, and change requests.
Java, JSF, JPA, Eclipse, MySql, XML, EJB, Linux
Software Engineer, Ji-labs
Mansoura, Egypt — 2011-2012
Developed some commercial solutions in different domains and trained college grads in some Java frameworks and mentored the group under Scrum methodology into developing a fully functional application.
- Designed and developed a solution for a university for grade management.
- Developed a framework to generate CRUD from XML model representation for rapid application development.
- Mentored and trained a group of college grads in JSF, JPA and others, led to the development of a blog implemented by the grads under SCRUM.
Java, Python, web2py, MySQL, Linux
Software Engineer, Egy Cloud Integrated Business Solutions
Mansoura, Egypt — 2009-2011
Developed and participated in the design of a Buisness portal solution.
- Delivered in a team a complete business directory with custom website pages for the opted in corporates and facilities for searching of services and products
B.Sc. in Computer Science
Faculty of Computer & Information Systems, Grad 2009.
Mansoura University, Egypt.
- Graduation Project: Web 2.5 – applying semantic search engine that implements Lucene Framework ( Analyzer, Filter and search engine ) , Classification for data using Machine Learning Algorithms.
[JavaSE, Lucene Framework, Machine learning]
- Algorithmic Toolbox by University of California, San Diego & Higher School of Economics. (Coursera)
- Certified Scrum Master by Jeff Sutherland - Scrum co-creator
- Development for Business by Mansoura University.
- Advanced Secure Development for Security Champions by ING
(last update 2/Jan/2020)